Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

July BirchBox


Its hard to believe we're already almost mid way through July, when it feels like June just ended. New months always feel a little bittersweet for me, exciting because I love fresh starts and new beginnings but I also find myself a little bit panicky at how fast the year seems to be passing us by. In no time it'll be December and then a whole new year.

This months Birchbox was a surprise as it wasn't actually a box. In keeping with the summery feel of this month, Birchbox did something completely different and served up this months products in a cute brightly coloured pouch thats just begging to be taken on a sunshiny summer holiday.
I love multi purpose items and this little waterproof pouch can be used as a make up bag, a pouch for your mini holiday toiletries, something to keep your valuables dry whilst at the pool or beach or even as a pop of colour to your outfit as a clutch bag.
And now let's talk about the products.


The first product is a skin serum from the brand Balance Me. This skin serum is for all skin types and contains aloe vera, lavender and chamomile. As you can imagine this is super moisturising and calming on the skin. I've only used it twice but I do really like it. I would imagine this would be the perfect thing to take with you on holiday.

The second product is another aloe vera based product. An all over body gel by the brand Unani. I've never heard of the brand before but I'm not sure how you could really go wrong with an aloe vera gel. It does what it says on the tin and would obviously be perfect to slap on after a day out in the sun.

I love Soigné nail lacquers. I got a mani a while ago and the nail tech used a Soigné lacquer in the colour Ube. It was honestly the longest lasting manicure I'd ever had. It could have just been because I had a really good nail tech, I however like to believe it was all to do with the Soigné lacquer I chose. As you can imagine I was so excited to see a full size lacquer amongst this months products. Its a Birchbox exclusive that comes in six colours. I received the colour Lavendae and considering it seems to be a lighter more muted version of Ube, I couldn't be any happier. It applies like a dream and with a good top and base coat has so far gone four days with minimal chipping.

Benefit is a brand that I'm yet to try anything from, except of course their mascara and eyeliners. I'm not sure why but I think the glowing reviews have me a little worried. Can every product from this brand really be as good as everyone says? Well after trying this sample version of their Dream Screen SPF, I'm inclined to believe that all the rave reviews may actually be true. I usually buy face products that already contain SPF, mainly because it's a time saver and also because I hate sunscreen. The smell, the thickness, the white cast it leaves on your face. No not for me, however the Benefit Dream Screen is actually very good. It absorbs quickly so no need to rub vigorously, It's matte so no added shine and it has little to no fragrance. Score! I love this stuff and it has inspired me to take a closer look at some of their other skin care products. Side note, am I the only one who gets excited by cute little sample packaging? Minis make me happy.

I love eyeshadows I have too many but adding one more to the party is always welcomed. I received a sample of the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life palette in Peach Parfait. This trio contains a bright pearlised cream colour perfect for a hi-light, a peach colour perfect for the lid and a bronzy brown colour for the crease. All of the colours have a subtle shimmer and are super pigmented and creamy. I hate a chalky eyeshadow! I personally don't have oily lids and my eye makeup tends to last most of the day without a primer or touching up. Even though they are creamy the longevity of these shadows is really good and I have been eyeing up the full size palette. (I really do not need another nude eyeshadow palette!)


I love a good bonus or added extra and this month the bonus product was a nail file from Spa To You. Theres not really much to say about this, its a nil file, its got a pretty design and it gets the job done.

This months Birchbox is the perfect box for summer, its filled with great products to take away with you on your summer hols. I'm unfortunately not heading off to a beautiful sunny destination this summer but these products will work just as well for this British non summer, and general everyday use.
I  hope you enjoyed this months look at my Birchbox and I'll be back next month with August's pick of beauty sample.
S.x

No comments:

Post a Comment