Pages

Friday 12 June 2015

June Birchbox

In our household monthly subscription boxes are definitely a thing. I love subscription boxes for their convenience and mostly the ability to try out a range of new and exciting products without the commitment and price of a full sized purchase.
Birchbx is a subscription box that I love, and for only £12.95 a month including p&p you can't really go wrong. I decided to show you what I received in my box this month and my first thoughts on the products included.
This month Birchbox has collaborated with luxury British footwear brand French Sole. The collaboration includes one of three limited edition box designs with a matching shoe bag. Being quite the Francophile I chose the French themed box, with typical navy and blue breton stripes on top and a classic red on the bottom.
The first product in the box is a Perfume sample, perfume samples are always great for someone like me who tends to buy and stick with the same perfume without changing it up. The sample is by English Laundry, the fragrance No.7 is a female version of their classic No.7 men's fragrance. It is a very summer appropriate scent. Unfortunately the scent really wasn't for me so I wont be purchasing the full size. I would recommend this for girls who prefer floral and fruity fragrances, which is the opposite of what I like.
The second product was quite a large sample (100ml) of the Cowshed Knackered Cow Relaxing Body Lotion. I love it. Just like the title would suggest, this lotion is super relaxing and contains my favourite essential oils, Lavender and Eucalyptus as main ingredients. So that's me sold. It's kind of a given that anything by Cowshed would end up on my loves list, I'm strongly contemplating purchasing the full size in the bath and shower gel. I think it would be an extremely welcomed addition to my night time routine.
Nude is a brand I've always been curious about but never really taken the plunge with. In my box this month I received the Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil. It's a nourishing oil packed with plant oils and Omega 3, 6,7 and 9 designed to give your skin a much needed dose of nutrients. I've only just started using this so I cant give a  full review, after one use however I really liked it. I used two to three drops which I warmed in my hands before pressing onto my face. It sunk into the skin quickly and did not leave any oily residue. I will continue to use this and keep you updated.
Beauty Protector Protect and Oil, is another new product for me. I'm yet to try it but the description sounds good. A hair oil that leaves your hair shiny, glossy and also acts as a heat and UV ray protector. I'll be giving this a go when I next wash my hair.
I'm not particularly loyal to any one mascara. I'm currently using Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara in black. Always in black. It does the job but the overly large wand sometimes makes it difficult for me to apply my mascara precisely, especially on my bottom lashes. The ModelCo Powerlash Black Mascara also has a pretty big wand but nowhere as large as the S&G. the mascara is quite thick in texture and coats the lashes evenly without making them feel dragged down. It's quite a build-able mascara but I prefer just one to two layers.
Transfer tattoos are nothing new, I am after all a 90's kid. The recent revival of this trend in metallic hues is both nostalgic and exciting for a child of the 90's. I only just go them so haven't tried them out yet but the reviews for the STYLondon Metallic Tattoos are all positive and seem to have pretty good longevity. Look out for pics of them when I apply, on our Instagram.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for lots more in the coming weeks.
S.x

No comments:

Post a Comment