Pages

Saturday 13 June 2015

My Skin Care Routine

It's taken a while and more than a few hits and misses but I've finally worked out a skin care routine that is currently working for me. My skin type is Normal/Dry and I luckily don't break out much. When I do its usually on my forehead, which may be down to my overzealous application of hair products.
My main complaint with most products I've used in the past is that they claim to be for dry skin but my face would always feel so dehydrated after using them.
The main change in the dehydration of my skin is probably down to how much water I now drink. I wasn't very good at getting my eight litres a day and I sometimes still struggle. On the days when I do manage, it's always a good skin day.
I start my routine with a cleanse. I really have been to hell and back looking for a good cleanser. I tried the typical drugstore brands like Garnier and Soap & Glory, even higher end drugstore brands like Origin and La Roche Posay. Nothing worked for me and I was about to drop a hefty amount of money in Space;NK when I received a small sample of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish with a Boots order I had made. I instantly knew of the brand, after all it is a beauty blogger favourite. I thought it couldn't hurt to try it out and I am so glad I did.
Putting this on my face feels so decadent it's rich, creamy, moisturising and mildly scented. A bonus for me and my sensitive nose. Another added bonus is being able to rub the cleanser over my eyes with no stinging. I also use the Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator two to three times a week depending on how my skin is feeling. As the name would suggest its super gentle and doesn't leave my face feeling stripped or raw after use.
I use La Roche Posay Micellar Water as a toner. Probably not what it's meant for but it works for me. My only problem with this is I'm pretty sure the new bottle is not the same as the one I had been using previously, it's also now nowhere to be found on the Boots website. Am I the only one a little confused by their range? Anywho back to the micellar water. This is for sensitive skin, which technically I don't have but I like it. After cleansing my face, this gives me almost a second cleanse and leaves my face feeling squeaky clean and ready for moisturiser.
Special mention also goes to the La Roche Posay Rosaliac Make-up Removal Gel. Initially it was a little weird removing my make-up with a gel textured product but you get used to it. It's really gentle on the skin whilst getting the job done. what more can you ask for.

A decent moisturiser is also something that took me a while to find. Here's why. I hate moisturisers that leave your face still dry, tacky, greasy or even worse with a grey cast. Unfortunately that is every moisturiser I seemed to have tried in my quest for a decent one. After a thorough Google search that turned up nothing, I decided to trawl through one of my favourite beauty bloggers +ViviannaDoesMakeup's archives to see if I could find something I would like that wouldn't break the bank. Lo and behold good old Anna came up trumps with a suggestion of a brand I hadn't heard much about. Yes to Carrots. With Anna's high praise, the price and knowing I could get it delivered the very next day thanks to ASOS Premier. I headed to the checkout and impatiently awaited its arrival.
I love the whole concept of the brand and was pleased to say that the product more than delivered on my hopes for a good moisturiser. It contains both carrot and sweet almond oil and is more thick than day creams I've used in the past. In saying that it sinks in to the face well, without leaving that dreaded tacky feeling and is a pleasure to put on my face. As it is a little thicker than I'm used to, I also use it at night with a drop or two of Vitamin E oil. My only minor dislike is the strength of the smell. Not the smell as a whole, as I do think it's quite nice. For my tender nose however it is a little strong.
To finish up this post I thought I'd tell you about what I like to call my rescue products. I reach for these products when my skin is either feeling super dehydrated or when I need a good deep pore cleansing. The first is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I'm really not going to go into too much detail with this one as there are roughly a million and one much more extensive reviews out there in the bloggersphere. I will however say that there is a reason it is so widely loved, if you haven't given it a go I promise it will change your life.
Same goes for the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charchol Mask. It's a blogger fav, with reason and I love it too. It gets right into the skin and cleans out the pres leaving you with soft "I can't believe this is my face skin"
So that's it. My current skincare routine. I know its not as extensive as some other peoples but it's what works for me. I'm currently testing out the Nude ProGenius Omega Treatment Oil I got in my Birchbox and will be adding that permanently into my routine from now on.
What are your favourite skincare products that you think I should give a try?
S.x

No comments:

Post a Comment