Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

The Bardot Top

#SummerStaple The Bardot Top


Whenever summer rolls around there are certain items of clothing that always stick out as being a summer staple. Items that it pays to invest in, to have in your preserves for when the warmer weather starts creeping in. The Bardot off the shoulder style top is one of those items. Here I've posted three ways that I would wear this summer staple over the coming summer months.
First with a black and white plaid pair of jeans and a statement pair of d'Orsay flats. Black and white skinny fit cropped pants, with a Bardot style top always has me dreaming of summers in the south of France in the 1960's. The pop of red from the classic d'Orsay flats just adds that little something special to this monochrome outfit.
The second look features what I consider to be two other summer staples. Denim cut offs and a pair of Chucks. I think everyone has in the past, or does now own a pair of denim shorts and a pair of Converses. They're not just summer staples but life staples! I tend to always stick to black or white converses but I've secretly always wanted a pink pair, I think this might be the year I just go for it.
Finally a look that's a little new to me but one I think everyone will be rocking this summer. It's no secret that if you follow fashion the 70's is a huge trend at the moment. I'm a very reluctant admirer of this trend. You will not ever catch me in a pair of flares. Suede, denim or any other material. Suede camel skirts,I'm totally down with though. If you're into following the trend authentically, a pair of strappy gladiator style or suede lace up sandals would be the way to go. I however have been eyeing up these leopard Solillas sandals on office for ages, and definitely prefer them to the all out 70's look.
What do you think of the Bardot style tops and the outfits I've put together? What would you consider a summer style staple?
S.x

No comments:

Post a Comment